Saturday, March 19, 2011

Books from my childhood

As far as I remember, I have always enjoyed reading books. When I was younger, I read fairy tales, Disney stories and adventure books.


In my early teenage years, I was given a book by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It was "The Little Prince" and it's become one of my favourite books ever since.
Let me be honest, I didn't find the story to be philosophical in any way back then. I think I just enjoyed reading about a strange little boy who found himself in the middle of the Sahara Desert and a pilot who tried to understand him.
It's been a good couple of years since I first read "The Little Prince". I come back to re-reading the story from time to time. I've realized it always gives me new food for thought and every time I read it, I find something new. It's such a short story written in simple language, but, at the same time, rich in meaning and interpretation.
I once decided that the Exupéry's book would be my first book that I read in French. I managed to do it, but I guess it was only because I know the Polish version almost by heart...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment